Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Luncheon

This is another situational poem about a "perfect" date...Please bear in mind that this is a 10 min job...

LUNCHEON

I had a date in a five star hotel,
But I’d rather have preferred a motel.
Some appetisers and some wine,
I was wondering when she’d begin to dine.

She was hungry and so was I,
But I didn’t have the guts to give those dishes a try.
Russian Salad, penne arabiatta with extra cheese,
She seemed too difficult to please.

Gulping in some pasta, she gave me a disturbing look,
And questioned vaguely, ”How much time will that chicken take to cook.
You’re so procrastinating sweetheart, I could’ve walked a mile.”
“Patience my dear”, I reassured her with a smile.

In came more food and then some desserts,
“How about blueberry cheese cake sweetie ?”
I had to order it for her sake.
No money no honey, it seemed to me,
The waiter with the cheque and a beaming smile walked towards me.

My heart in my mouth, I returned the gesture,
Gave it a demeaning look, ignoring my lady’s beautiful features.
Looking for brainwaves I scratched my mind,
Its no use Rishabh, you’re not that kind.

But just then, the cheque disappeared,
And I was wondering, “Did God just appear?”
“Its my Birthday stupid, and its my treat.”
Wow! I just managed to accomplish a great feat.

What a miracle, forget God, she just saved me.
“Thanx a ton”, I said it with lots of glee.
“Anything for you”, she replied nodding her round head,
But I could sense that she seemed more interested in the party ahead….

No comments: